Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cassidy K. O'Connor

Author Cassidy O'Connor has a few books available, and Caitlin recently reviewed one of them. The UA2Books review for "Finding His Swing" can be read here .



Jake Reynolds has everything he could want in life, fame, fortune and the greatest job in America as a professional baseball player. He didn’t realize anything was missing, until the day he met Chelsea Simmons. 

Chelsea is Jake’s biggest fan and can’t believe her luck when she wins a contest to meet the players on the field before a home game. Meeting Jake was a dream come true, she never thought she had a chance at love with him. 

After finding his soul mate but ignoring his heart Jake goes into a hitting slump. Chelsea is what society calls a curvy woman, Jake fears she won’t be accepted into his world and would rather give up being with her than risk her happiness. Can he continue playing ball knowing his soul mate is within reach? 

Keara’s second mission as a member of the faery clan The Laochra Gra is vastly different from her first. She has her work cut out for her putting these two in situations that usually end in unexpected and hilarious antics. Can Keara help them see past society’s small mindedness and give into the love they feel for each other? 



Sounds like a pretty interesting read, eh? Well, here's some insight into Cassidy's mind, and her life as an author, too!

1-      Did you always want to be a writer?
Not really and I blame that on being a Gemini. I really do have that whole twin personality thing going. When I was deciding what to go to college for I bounced between Forensic Sciences and being a Midwife. I wrote a lot in high school but I never took it seriously. Who would have thought all these years later I am neither of my choices and now trying to be a writer!
2-      What’s your favorite book?
Wow that is actually a tough question. I don’t think I have one favorite book but I have certain genre’s I love. I’m addicted to historical romance and YA dystopian books. I did just read ‘The Duff’ and obsessively loved it.
3-      What’s your favorite children’s book?
I have a deep love for baseball so I really wanted to write a story about a ball player. I have a friend who is a curvy girl and is in love with one of the players who is on our local TB Rays team. She posts all the time that she wants to marry him and she does go to a lot of their events so she has met him a few times. I personally have never seen a ‘curvy’ baseball wife so I don’t have very high hopes for her. I thought why not write my friends happy ending ;)
4-      How did you make the choice between indie/self-publishing and traditional publishing?
I honestly didn’t even try the traditional route. I have this vision of thousands of writers being turned away constantly and figured why should I let one person sitting behind a desk reading book after book dictate what I do with my life. I had met an Indie author who is very successful and did it all on her own, I figured why not try it and see what happens. If I fail miserably at least I can say I tried.
5-      Can we expect more from you in the future?
Absolutely! I am writing a prequel to the Love’s Protector Series right now and hope to have it out by the beginning of March. Once that is done I will write books three and four in the series. I also just finished an anthology for charity. When I get the rights back from that story I plan to expand it and write a second book for it. I’m also toying with a NA romance and my 14 year old daughter is begging me to co-write a YA dystopian book with her.
6-      Who has been your biggest supporter?
My mom and sisters have been there with me every step of the way. My sisters were already in the Indie world working as PA’s so they have helped me navigate this crazy fun world. My husband knew I was writing but we didn’t really talk about it much. A month ago I decided to take this more seriously so I built a website and signed up to attend a few conventions this year. I told my husband and he jumped right on board and asked how he can help. My kids have also supported me right from the start. They think it is awesome that I am doing this and ask me all the time how it is going.
7-      What are your most and least favorite parts of being a writer?
My favorite part is definitely meeting the readers and learning from them. I have connected with quite a few women and after telling me their stories I feel inspired. I actually started a group on Facebook dedicated to posting meme’s, video’s and anything else that will inspire women. I love the camaraderie that we have developed. I have a regular 9-5 day job as well and I don’t get anything like that there.
My least favorite part so far is how much you have to work to get your name out there. I spend more time marketing my books and trying to reach readers than I do actually writing. Maybe one day I will be successful enough that I can quit my day job and not feel so stressed for time.
8-      What’s been the biggest hurdle for you?
With three kids and a full time job finding time to write and market myself has been a huge hurdle. I also don’t have spare money for all of the expenses that come along with putting a book out so I’ve had to learn how to do everything on my own and with my sister’s help.
9-      What’s your pet peeve or share an embarrassing moment…
We’re all friends here so I’ll admit my embarrassing moment. When I was in my early 20’s I had gone to one of those sex toy parties and won a set of ben wah balls the size of marbles. They didn’t come with directions so I wasn’t exactly sure what the do’s and don’ts were. That didn’t stop me from putting them in on Valentine’s Day and going out to dinner with my husband. I had a cold at the time so every time I coughed they moved quite a bit. Half way through dinner I realized I had to go to the bathroom so off I went. Without thinking I sat down and heard two loud metal clinks against the toilet. Yes I had relaxed too much and the balls came out. I wiped quickly and got out of there as fast as I could leaving the balls behind.

10-   Who’s your favorite Disney princess, just because we can’t resist asking! :D
She’s not technically a princess but Meg from Hercules is my favorite. I love that she has a shaded past, is full of sass, in the end does the right thing and gets the guy!



You can find Cassidy on social media at the links below and be sure to follow us on Facebook! We have a lot of excitement taking place this year, including our 2015 Reading Challenge where all our followers are deciding what we read!



Want your own copy of "Finding His Swing"? You can buy it here!


Cassidy's Social Outlet



No comments:

Post a Comment