Saturday, January 17, 2015

Angela Biera

Angela is the author of recently reviewed Hay Wire, and the second book in this series; High Wire. She writes a gripping story in an NA genre dealing with an abusive relationship, demonstrating how fast everything can spin out of control. Purchase your own copy of "Hay Wire" here. "High Wire" was just released yesterday, January 16th, and you can order your copy of it here.

You can read our review for "Haywire" here, and find the review for High Wire here.


Now here's the q&a portion of this spotlight! I don't know about you, but I always love finding out these answers!

1- Did you always want to be a writer? 
Writing always came easy for me. I was that crazy kid in school that loved when a teacher would give an essay test. I got better grades on those test. I never thought i could come up with enough content to write a book. I only got the urge about two years ago. I thought i would give it a try and then Haywire was born. 

2- What's your favourite book? 
I love Colleen Hoover and anything she writes. I think my favorite of hers would have to be Maybe Someday.

3- What's your favourite children's book? 
As much as i hate to admit this i was not a fan of reading as a child. So I cant really say that i had a favorite book. 

4- how did you make the choice between indie/self publishing and traditional publishing? 
I heard of Colleen Hoover and how she started as an self-published author. After reading the article I did a little research and discovered that it would be much faster and easier as a new author to self-publish. I knew once i finished writing my book i would want it in readers hands asap. So i figured right now self-publishing was the best route for me. One day I will go the traditional route when I can learn patience. :)

5- Can we expect to see more from you in the future? 
Absolutely. This is just the beginning for me. I will hopefully be around as long as readers will have me. 

6- Who has been your biggest supporter? 
My very good friend Dawn. She has walked beside me this entire process. She is my beta reader, my paid with love publicist, she is the one i go to for advice. She has really been my rock and man i would be walking around in circles if it wasn't for her.  

7- What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer?
My favorite part is when a reader is touched by my story. I love being able to make my readers feel exactly what the character feels. My least favorite part would have to be the criticism that someone may leave in a review. I feel like they are talking bad about my child. Learning how to take it and move on is hard. I'm getting better but it still sucks! 

8- What's been the biggest hurdle for you? 
Reaching readers has been hard. Learning how to get my work into readers hands is the hardest part that i never expected. I am so thankful for blogs for taking the chance on my newbie work.  

9-What's your Pet peeve or share an embarrassing moment. 
I think I was really embarrassed when my mom said she read my book. When i wrote the sex scenes I wasn't really thinking about her reading it. So it was pretty embarrassing to have her read it knowing I was a little dirty

10- Who's your favourite disney princess? 
Jasmine from Aladdin is my favorite Disney Princess for sure.


Be sure to follow Angela on Facebook, and pick up your copies of Hay Wire and High Wire! I can tell you for sure that they are fantastic reads.


Additional Purchase links

Itunes     Kobo     Nook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment