Saturday, January 10, 2015

Scarlett E. Decker

Scarlett is the author of the NA novel "Holding On and Letting Go." This is the second publication, it was originally released in 2012.  It has a fantastic and original story line, recommending it to any NA reader that loves a bit of angst. You can find our review of it here, and can purchase your own copy here.




This version has been edited 

She wants to forget... He wants to remember... 
She spends her nights drinking and partying, trying to forget who she is. 
He spent four months in a coma and does not remember the last two years. 
She wants to erase her past and start over. 
He would do anything to remember his... 

The struggle of two young people, trying to move forward when everything is holding them back. As they learn to understand each other, they also find something they didn't know they needed to let go of their past : love. 

A story about letting go of the things that hurt you and holding on to everything else.





You know how this works, we ask the questions, the provide the answers. Here's what Scarlett had to say!


1- Did you always want to be a writer? 

I cannot say I was born wanting to be a writer. I actually didn't read that much until middle school. Then the more books I read, the more books I wanted to read. But it wasn't just that, I also started to create my own stories in my head. In high school I started reading fanfictions and tried to write some too but it didn't last long because something didn't work for me. It was when I learned about self publishing in 2012 that I really decided to give it a shot and discovered I really loved writing.

2- What's your favourite book? 

That's a really hard question. Every time I read a new book that I love, I name it my favourite one. I am really into New Adult books because I am myself 22 years old so the topic speaks to me. My current favourite was Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven. I cannot wait for the second book Broken Juliet!!

3- What's your favourite children's book? 

I don't know if many people will know about it because I grew up in France and the books we had were probably french ones but it was named Martine. There was multiple ones like Martine goes to the beach or Martine learns how to cook.
 
4- What inspired this story line? 

I was really interested by memory loss. I kept wondering what I would do if for some reason I forgot a few years of my life, how weird and scary this would be. For the other subject of the story, I kind of got the inspiration from my own life. My parents divorced when I was a teenager and I took it pretty hard. It is something so common these days to have divorced parents that we sometime forget the effects it can have on children, even years later when they become adults.

5- how did you make the choice between indie/self publishing and traditional publishing? 

Well what actually motivated me to write was the fact that I could self publish my work. So many people write books nowadays and I heard it is really complicated to get traditionally published so it was a pretty easy decision to make.

6- Can we expect to see more from you in the future? 

Hopefully! I am actually working on a sequel to Holding On and Letting Go. It picks up three years after the events of the first book. It's nowhere near finished but I have the whole story in my head already so I hope I can finish it before the summer.
Some people who read the book before its release also asked for a story about the secondary characters so that's probably going to happen too.
  
7- Who has been your biggest supporter? 

My best friend. She was excited to read it and sent me text messages every time she read a chapter! She also said she would buy the book even though I gave it to her for free. She's the best best friend in the whole world! 

8- What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer? 

The writing is my favourite part. When I know exactly what to write and I just keep writing and writing non stop. I love that! I do not like the re-reading and editing process though. I'm bad at it. I'll read a chapter ten times but won't spot 90% of the mistakes. Thankfully I found some pretty great beta readers for which I am really really grateful. 


9-What's your Pet peeve or share an embarrassing moment.

I have embarrassing moments all the time. Almost every day. I cannot think of a really big one right now, but I regularly fall flat on my face, especially if I wear heels. I blush all the time. I know that's not really a reason to be embarrassed but I really can't stand it. 

10- Who's your favourite disney princess? 

Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Probably because I'm a brunette and so many Disney princesses are blond! I also love the fact that she sees the Beast for the man he really is.


So, that's our insight into Scarlett. She's going to TAKEOVER tomorrow, January 11th at 5pm EST if you're interested! I heard talk of games and giveaways... Just saying ;)
Also, you can find Scarlett on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment