Saturday, January 31, 2015

C.C. Ravanera


C.C. Ravanera


C.C. Ravanera just released her debut novel "Dreamweavers." This novel was such a breath of fresh air in the fantasy/paranormal genre. I could not have asked for a better storyteller. If you want to hear more about my raving of this novel, you can find Keri's review here.


In a parallel world to humans Anima dreams of a better life. Harvesting dreams from humans every night with her pilot Dimitri just isn’t enough. 

She wants more. 

When an opportunity to become an elite harvester came she quickly grabbed it but found she swallowed more than she asked for. Suddenly she found herself fighting for her life, killing people, meeting the Angel of Death and finding out that her entire life had been based on lies. What’s more the people of her Realm think she’s the one who will save them all. 

But is she really the one? 




Here is our Q&A! 


1- Did you always want to be a writer? 
        Yes, I've always wanted to be a writer and I've actually completed 3 stories when I was between 12-16 years old, stuff teenage girls wrote about. But never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd actually make it and publish a book let alone hit Amazon's bestsellers' list. That stuff is for super dreams for sure!

2- What's your favourite book? 
        It's hard to say which one is my favourite book because I love to read. If I give you a list of them, we'd still be talking until next year! I have to say that nowadays I tend to select fantasy/paranormal genre.

3- What's your favourite children's book? 
        The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland are probably the closest to my heart.

4- What inspired this story line? 
        It all started from a dream I had one night which I told one of my friends who then urged me to write it down. Then Anima's Realm (my main character's world) just started building in my head, her story spilling out until it took shape into the book it is now.

5- How did you make the choice between indie/self publishing and traditional publishing? 
        Personal circumstances solidified the decision for me. I don't have oodles of time to tackle self-publishing. I salute people who do and make a living out of it. I did try traditional publishing but I came across Rachel Van Dyken and Blue Tulip Publishing before I heard anything back from traditional publishers. The rest is history.

6- Can we expect to see more from you in the future? 
        Oh yes, Anima's story is just beginning. I'm not really sure how many books she wants me to write down for her. I was planning on 3 books but a friend of mine who heard the entire story told me it's more than that. Then I have other characters completely separate from Anima whispering their stories in my ears. We're in for a long haul if readers would let me.

7- Who has been your biggest supporter? 
        I am blessed to have a massive family and loads of friends around me who had supported me throughout all this. To name just one person is not fair to all of them as I've had a tremendous amount of support from all my loved-ones, family and friends alike.

8- What are your most and least favourite parts of being a writer? 
        Not having enough time to write would be my least favourite thing. I have a young family so I had to put my writing aside several times for them which was why it took me so long to finish Dreamweavers. My most favourite thing is hearing people talk about Anima and her journey and how much they enjoyed it. That's just simply precious.

9- What's been the biggest hurdle for you? 
        Patience :) I wanted to get Anima's story out and share it with all of you guys that being patient during editing process had been the hardest thing. However, it all paid off. Next time into editing I will be more patient...maybe :)

10-What's your Pet peeve or share an embarrassing moment.
        Embarrassing moment since I wrote a book (insert embarrassed chuckle here) I put it up on my blogsite actually. If you want to read it, here is the link: http://ccravanera.blogspot.co.uk/ but it was basically during a meeting with the head librarian near where I live and completely making a fool of myself during that interview.
        Pet peeve...I have OCD, self-diagnosed. Need I say more ;)

11- Who's your favourite Disney princess? 

        Favourite Disney princess...ooh, tough one. I like Rapunzel and Merida from Brave.


We think C.C.'s pretty fantastic, and hope you do, too! You can find her author page on Facebook and she's having a party today celebrating her fantastic release! Maybe you should come on over and play some games, and chat with some of C.C.'s favourite author friends! 



*** If you're interested in being in our Author Spotlight, please send us an email! We can discuss our review requirements and ensure you fit within our little niche. 

No comments:

Post a Comment